February 11, 2015

Trivia Geek, Seeks Like Minded Individuals

For the last many days, I have had this thought in my head about wanting to meet fellow geeks.  Ones that love trivia.  Music and movie trivia.  Let me outline this out as best as I can.

I love music and I love being able to know all of the details about a band like who the members are.  Most of the time, I'm surrounded by people who are nice, but really don't care about my music knowledge.  Some pass it off as "why is it important to know all that?"  I get that they are not interested, but why are there not more people like me that love this stuff?

So here's more details on what fills my memories.  I often pick a band like Led Zeppelin.  Name off the members: Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham.  Then I go down the albums: Led Zeppelin, II, III, Zoso (or Led Zeppelin IV), Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti....  you get the idea.  Then I go into years the albums were released: Houses of the Holy was released in 1973.  I love these details.  And I do it a lot with a lot of bands.

Watching the Grammy awards the other night and AC/DC was the opening act.  I immediately went to the place in my head that stores trivia.  There are only two original members of the band left: Angus Young and Cliff Williams. I know this without having to Google.

I'm not quite there with movies, like who won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay in 1983. For that, I would have to go to Wikipedia or IMdb.  But I would love to find people that do love this stuff.  The details.  But with one condition: it has to be nonjudgmental.  Like I don't want some smarty who thinks he is all hot shit and looks down on others "What? you didn't know that?"  I want more of a trivia mentor.  Yeah, that's it.  Someone who challenges but is not all uppity about what they know.

Maybe it's because I mostly surround myself with people that don't care about music or movies.  I mean, think about it.  I love the music just as much as anyone with a good ear does.  I love the guitar, the transitions...  you name it.  Same with lines and scenes from movies.

Not that I am soliciting here in this post.  But, per chance, if you happen to match my description, feel free to comment below.  I might even replicate this post over to my main blog at some point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment